Universal Studios is an American Hollywood movie corporation specialising in movie production and distribution. They own the animation studio Illumination Entertainment, and are one of the "Big Six" major production studios in Hollywood. The company was founded by Carl Laemmle in 1912, is owned by NBCUniversal, itself a subsidiary of Comcast. The main movie production and distribution arm of the company is Universal Pictures, who are responsible for distributing The Secret Life of Pets.
- ↑ http://www.universalstudioshollywood.com/auditions/about-universal
- ↑ http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/studio-profitability-report-whos-up-781672
- ↑ http://www.nbcuniversal.com/our-history
- ↑ http://www.universalstudioshollywood.com/about-us
- ↑ http://www.nbcuniversal.com/who-we-are